Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Start now > keep in progress> never stop: Attitude for Gratitude

I've been feeling a definite distaste in my life for quite sometime. I'm sure I crib a lot and my blogs reflect the same mood. Why do I have complaints, disgust, and anger brimming in my head all the time? It aint nice. Is my life really that bad or is that what I've forced myself into believing. There are countless souls who are in much more terrible state and are abysmally distraught than I am. I watch it on TV and read in papers all time. Then why do I complain so often about everything...right from my workplace to the lack of right pair of shoes to match my dress. Guess everything looks pathetic coz that's the way I think all the time. Recently, I read an article on 'Law of Attraction' that emphasizes on how you attract whatever you keep thinking about. Maybe nothing in my world goes right coz I focus on 'I dont want this' rather than 'I want this. I want this' all the time. Every single time.

Starting today, I make a practice to stop complaining and express gratitude which has been virtually non-existent until now, atleast consciously. I list things that I'm truly blessed to have and experience in my life so far...
1. Wonderful family: I absolutely love my parents and siblings for the unconditional love & support that they've offered and continue to do so each day. They've rejoiced my successes, felt my failures, and inspired me until I got up. I pray that every child is blessed with a family like that.
2. Amazing childhood: Cant thank God enough for wonderful, cherishable childhood I witnessed. Coming from a middle-class background, I was almost brought-up like a princess. In days when only rarely, people understood photography, I've albums full of those wonderful times, when my mum dressed me up & my dad took us to beautiful gardens on Sundays and shoot us in every mood. The best thing? They still continue to treat me like a princess...!
3. Great Education: I received my education from the best schools in my city. The BEST. I was the 1st in my neighborhood to get admission in that one. The rest followed. Everything I am today, I owe it to that place and people who got me there - Mum & Dad. I loved my school. Red-bricked architecture amidst beautiful, serene locale lined with eucalyptuses, rose gardens, & pansies. My love for nature began in those premises. Nostalgia...
4. Polished Persona: I'm of the fortunate few who received a lot of admiration from people around me- Parents, teachers, friends. Each of them had an influence that shaped the person I am today, inspiring me in their own little ways. Unearthed a singer, writer, orator, painter, while being equally fine in academics. I owe a big thank- you to you all wherever you are. 
5. Steer through crisis: Like almost everyone, we suffered huge huge crisis. Financial setbacks leading to emotional and mental turmoils. I now realize - it was a lesson in disguise. Its worth appreciating how my studies continued without a break. I secured scholarship for 2 yr straight during my Masters. It was meager yet significant. Yes, I didn't have enough to buy books and good clothes but I managed with a good library. I also learnt the word 'management' in its truest sense that geared me up for tougher times. Today I'm confident, I'll able to steer myself and my loved ones when I've 200 bucks while I work to get 2000. I'd manage. 
6. A place on dais of life: When I moved to a metro to establish myself, I had virtually nothing. As I'm writing this, I want to apologize for overlooking where life has got me today. I live in most plush locality with most comforts required. I drive a sedan of my own. I can afford labels I desire. My closet is full. My forgotten friends might be having a more luxurious life and exotic holidaying with hubbies, but none got this far on their own. Most have 'acquired' those through a 'merger' called 'marriage'. Shouldn't I be proud of myself? 
7. Bettering after setbacks: Life hasn't been easy. Its easy for none. Today, I see the goodness of it not having worked out. Its PAST. So I wait for best that's yet to come. 
8. Good food on my table each day must not be missed. There are many hungry stomachs in this world.
9. Vacations I enjoyed in the past 2 years.
10. Jobs I switched. Okay, its not the one that does justice to my abilities or gives me very fat salary yet its comfortable. There are many who slog it out everyday. And I'm certain I'll land where I want to..someday soon.
11. Getting younger. I feel I'm growing to be more young-chirpy-charming girl at heart. Beautiful from within and outside. I understand myself much better than I did. I am surer of what I want in life..the kind of person I would like to spend my life with..and deeper connections of hearts and souls.
12. Ability to forgive all those who hurt me for no reasons. I pray God gives strength to you all and at some point to realize its wonderful to stand up for what you believe in. 
There are countless things that make world wonderful. Nature, seas, mountains, chirping of morning birds, flowers, music, movies, seasons, home appliances, gadgets, cars, luxurious homes, etc etc. How can I neglect all that's worthy? Maybe, its time to test the power of thought. Perhaps, its time I shift my focus to its presence around than absence.Unravel the 'secret' and watch miracles. 
The 'law of attraction'...remember.


4 comments:

  1. nice post ... liked it very much ...a deviation from all the other ones .... abt love .......which i must admit am a novice at ...

    bt wat i feel is dat you put too much pressure on urself abt finding love and finding d rytt guy .... keep things simple .... knw that any from of love thse days is conditional ...ppl r attracted to power ...to beauty........ if sumthn good has to happen it'll just happen , ;) peace out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @anindyo: Much thanks for appreciation & advice. Ummm, yeah, I do feel I pressurize myself & always end up choosing the unworthy. So this time I just let it go. If it truly deserves me, it'll find a way to reach me. The feeling of being in love & being loved is so beautiful that no one likes its absence..

    ReplyDelete
  3. haan...sahi baat hai.... bt love is so powerful it cn work bth ways.... love gne bad is traumatic to tak... yet we all manage to love again...... bt dont kill urself trying to fnd love.... it'll find its way to u ... wen d tym is ryt ... no1 deserves to b alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous: Thanks for stopping by & taking time to appreciate. I hope I keep penning something worthy & you keep visiting :-)

    ReplyDelete